Monday, March 15, 2010

Adjustment Period

I am having trouble adjusting to daylight savings time. In general, I like the summer schedule -- even during the school year, it allows for gardening after work, then a late dinner while it's still light out... but what I hate is waking up in the middle of the night. It was just getting close to the point where the sky was getting some color into it when my clock went off (around 5:30 am), but now we're back to waking in total darkness, sunrise 90 minutes later. So a rough morning.

We did notice that we are just 7 minutes shy of a 12-hour interval between sunrise and sunset. Our 12-hour day actually occurs... well, I guess it doesn't occur, but it's 11:58 on the 17th and 12:01 on the 18th... a few days before the equinox this weekend (see the comment in last year's spring equinox post for a discussion on this!)

1 comment:

  1. You can get sunrise and sunset times at:
    http://www.wx-now.com/Sunrise/Sunrise.aspx

    ReplyDelete